Sunday, June 19, 2011

Back Home

We're home after our long Tennessee road trip and my clerk conference in Chattanooga. I found the Chattanooga Choo Choo interesting, but the accomodations are rather run down. Also, our room was about a quarter of a mile from the building where the conference was held, which was inconvenient. On the other hand, the main building where the lobby and main restaurant were was beautiful, and the Choo Choo itself was cool. It was also very convenient to downtown Chattanooga, and there is a free electric trolley to take you there. Sherry and the kids explored while I was in class. They took in the I-MAX 3-D movie theater at the Tennessee Aquarium, and visited the Creative Discovery Museum, though the children at ages 15 and 7 regarded themselves as too old to enjoy it much.

After the conference, we went to the Camp, our cabin in Estill Springs, to trade city life for the woods for a few days. Sherry found a black widow on the deck. I was skeptical until I examined it, but it was definitely a widow, so I smashed it with a shoe and scouted around the deck for a nest, which I did not find. That was pretty much the extent of the excitement in Estill Springs, and we spent most of our time wading or sitting in lawn chairs in the creek. We cooked hot dogs and pork chops on the grill, and we ate our breakfasts at Sample Family Restaurant, formerly known as Pat's Place.

No comments:

Post a Comment