Monday, June 20, 2011

Photo



This pic isn’t mine!



Jack Johnson in Nannai Beach Resort, in Porto de Galinhas





Lucas Malvacini 



, Jack Johnson and the  atlets of project Rocinha Surf School.



I was born in Sao Paulo, Brazil. Trying to find a picture that does this city justice is a very tough feat. My girlfriend always jokes around about my “foreign-ness” and asks silly things like “Do they have these in the middle of the forest, where you’re from?” In a way, I am from a forest. A huge forest that is more populated than the state of Florida by itself (18 million inhabitants). 

About 90% of my family was either born or raised  there and still live there up to date (aside from my dad’s dad that was born in Portugal and migrated over when he was about 12). That city, although I only lived there for my first 3 years of my life, means a great deal to me. Whenever I visit, it’s always a nice reminder of my roots, and the reminder that even though I have moved around a lot in my life, I still consider that to be my hometown. Would I ever live there again? Hell no. But I will graciously visit and pay respect to that Iron Giant. 









No comments:

Post a Comment