Sunday, June 19, 2011

Happy Fathers Day!

This is a snapshot I took of my dad, Phil Ogle, with my sisters, Laura and Leslie, on the plaza outside the Humanities Building and McClung Tower on the main campus of the University of Tennessee in the summer of 1972. The snapshot has August 1972 printed on it, which reflects when the film was developed. Dad turned 35 that month, and I turned 9. La and Les, captured here in a rare photo of them in matching clothes, turned 7 that November, so they were six months younger than my daughter Sarah is now. I remember Dad taking the three of us walking around the UT campus that day, and I strongly suspect that the twins hit him up to buy the T-shirts they are wearing at the book store in the University Center. Time flies!

The statue is Europa and the Bull by Carl Miles. What the thing hovering above the statue is I know not.


No comments:

Post a Comment