Tuesday, June 28, 2011

Jim Carey enjoying the view in rio de janeiro … everybody...





Fernando e Sorocaba



Luís Fabiano, United States v Brazil, Confederations Cup final, 28 June 2009



Feijoada, Brazil’s National Dish 

Day 08, Sao Paulo, Brazil

After getting off the plane from Rio back to Sao Paulo, my cousins brought me to Fidel, a delicious feijoada buffet restaurant. And let me tell you, this dish definitely deserves to be Brazil’s national dish and a meal to savor for the rest of the day. Originated from the days of slavery, feijoada was concocted by the brilliant cooks of wealthy plantation owners. African cuisine combined with Portuguese sausage linguica and Indian farofa (toasted manioc flour) created a heavy bean stew to give the workers enough energy. They would slaughter the pig and slice every part into one big pot with beans inside over a fire. Afterwards, they would fish out the most “delicious” parts for the plantation owners, accompanied with rice. The cooks, servants, and slaves would eat the other parts of the pig… the ears, the tongue, the tail, the nose, the hooves… you name it! To my surprise, these are the parts that make the feijoada soup the most rich and flavorful soup that I have ever had. This dish has forever changed my distaste for beans. This dish is definitely one to try when you visit Brazil. 

At Fidel, the slaughtered pig was neatly organized by part in each pot. I normally am not a big fan of pork, but dried pork is definitely delicious in Brazil. They really understand how to salt and prepare their meats before cooking them. I believe that feijoada has the power to turn a vegetarian into a carnivore. YES, it is that good. The consistency of the soup is everything that you want. It’s thick and rich, without being creamy. My mouth is watering as I recall the taste in my mouth for the first time. I only wish that meat was prepared the same way in the U.S. My conclusion after having feijoada is: don’t underestimate the taste of the “unappealing,” you may truly be missing out on the best meal of your life. 

Fidel

 

Avenida São Guálter, 921
Sao Paulo, 05455-001, Brazil
(0xx)11 2145-8453



Bus: Av. S. Gualter, 971



t 06.28.11



t 06.28.11

Belo Horizonte Brazil:

Going to Brazil on a missions trip. Spreading the gospel takes money, and we as a team, are believing God for $6,000 to be able to do so. Interested in sewing? The website is the link above. My name is Ymani Cross, if you would like to donate towards me, but otherwise my team will appreciate anything! Every dollar counts. Thank you and blessings in advance.

-Ymani H. Cross



 found by:
Antonio Coimbra
from
Aracatuba
Sao Paulo
Brazil

found:
Fruital
Minas Gerais
Aracatuba
Brazil
1967

text on photo:
“JOSE DA SILVA LEITAO, SON AND DAUGHTER
PHOTO TAKEN IN 1927

Worst congested cities:

Via



Jim Carey enjoying the view in rio de janeiro … everybody else enjoying the presence of Jim Carey :)

No comments:

Post a Comment