Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Trip to North Carolina

North Carolina has been in the news this week because of the terrible and deadly storms that struck the state. The area around Raleigh got pounded with tornadoes, and that's where the worst damage is. In the western part of the state, where I used to live, they had flooding in Wilson Creek gorge in Caldwell County. If you follow the Wilson Creek link, you will see photographs of men wading in water above their knees down the middle of the road that runs through the gorge. I used to camp up there all the time, and it is prone to flooding.

We have been planning a trip to the Hickory-Statesville area for some time, and I am looking forward to seeing some of my old friends. Sherry has only been to Hickory, where my mother grew up, on one occasion, and Sarah has never been. I am looking forward to visiting some of my favorite Hickory restaurants, including the Snack Bar, Joel's Kitchen, Homer's Windy City Grill and the Olde Hickory Tap Room.

No comments:

Post a Comment