Friday, April 15, 2011

Sarah's Report Card and Sound of Music

Sherry and I met with Sarah's teacher yesterday afternoon after receiving the child's report card last week. She had a very good report card, and her teacher reported that Sarah has had less frustration when doing her work, which we have also observed at home, though spring break was a bit of a setback for her. We plan to come up with a plan of study for the summer break so that she doesn't get rusty while she's out of school. On a different subject, Sarah came home Wednesday afternoon asking to watch Sound of Music, which they apparently saw a bit of at school. We watched it with her, and we all enjoyed it. Sound of Music, like Wizard of Oz, was a movie that Mom and Dad watched with my sisters and me at least once a year, and both movies were very much a part of our growing up. Sarah especially likes "The Lonely Goatherd" and "My Favorite Things." I can play several songs from the movie on guitar, so I can play and we can sing together.

No comments:

Post a Comment