Wednesday, July 23, 2008

What Lauren Graham can teach us about windshield wipers

In between whatever else I was just doing, I was wondering when we'd next see Lauren Graham on TV or at the cineplex. (Aside: Hard to imagine a time before IMDB, isn't it?)

Turns out she'll appear in the fall 2008 release "Flash of Genius," - trailer here - the BOATS (that's "based on a true story") starring Greg Kinnear as the dude who invents intermittent windshield wipers (aside: Hard to imagine people not being able to wipe their windshields intermittently, isn't it?), has the invention appropriated by Ford and almost every other automaker, then sues them all for patent infringement. This probably won't have massive box office appeal, but I'm totally into it. (Oh, Ms. Graham plays the inventor's wife, if you're still following my train of thought.)

The movie also is another chance for Greg Kinnear to wear bad polyester suits, which he's probably only worn in one or two movies, but seem to me to be his de facto moviemaking uniform.

Anyway, the story seemed pretty interesting, so I followed the link to the 1993 New Yorker article upon which the movie is based, which is here. I'd say something like "spoiler alert," but since there's a movie about it, you probably have a basic idea of how the story ends up.

No comments:

Post a Comment