Wednesday, July 2, 2008

Pain in the apse

Imagine, if you will, that the managers of dozens of McDonald's restaurants in cities across the U.S. were constantly getting in trouble -- and having to pay millions of dollars in settlements -- for sexually abusing children.

I'd hazard a guess that, after a while, people might stop going to those particular McDonald's locations. I'd even go out on a limb and predict that consumers -- even consumers in other cities -- might be outraged enough to, I don't know, stay home and cook their own crappy burgers.

Anyway, today's coverage on the Denver archdiocese having to shell out $5.5 mil doesn't even seem like news anymore -- just another episode in a tired old story. And it's really none of my business, but it did make me wonder again why people keep patronizing these places.

No comments:

Post a Comment