Sunday, July 27, 2008

Just the fats, ma'am

At first, I was super-excited to read this article because the first two words in the headline are "California Bars," and y'all know how much I like hanging out in watering holes.

But, no, it was about my trendsetting state banning (wonder why they didn't say "California bans" - would have eliminated my confusion for sure) the use of trans fats in all restaurants and retail baked goods over the next couple of years. I'll see ya' later - before this thing goes into effect, I'm going to eat all the trans fats I can, and I'm starting right... now.

Time for a non sequitur: Are you wondering what song-that-was-released-more-than-30-years-ago I've had in heavy rotation on my iPod for the last week? I didn't think so. But now that I've brought it up, I'll tell you anyway: Vienna, by Billy Joel. This was pre-smashing-cars-into-trees Billy, and, for that matter, pre-not-starting-the-fire Billy, so I'm OK mentioning it to you.

No comments:

Post a Comment