Monday, July 21, 2008

Truth in cliches

One highlight of the weekend was getting on my bike - for the first time in about seven years - and pedaling down to Manhattan Beach. I don't know about you, but I think that sounds super neat. (OK, so it's not Lewis and Clark, but I only had one afternoon to work with. Cut me some slack.)

But it turns out they're right: Even after all those years, riding a bike really is like riding a bike. The only problem with that aphorism is that it doesn't mention how much your butt is going to hurt afterwards.

Other quick random thoughts until I think of something better to write:

1) It would be pretty impractical for me to
stay at this hotel, since we live about 10 miles away, but I'm already a big fan because (a) I like the description that it's like a W Hotel but with a sense of humor and (b) there's a 25 percent discount on parking if the car you're parking is a hybrid. Now we're getting the hang of it! I think all businesses that charge for parking - restaurant valets, sports stadiums, public lots - should do the same thing.

2) I'd submit that the end of
Dark Knight (warning: sound) is a little anticlimactic. But that's about my only complaint. Otherwise, I loved it - as good as advertised - especially Heath Ledger's performance. (Not an original observation, but whatever.) He was so creepy/entertaining, I actually would enjoy watching a cut of the movie comprised only of his scenes. And, I'll probably never look at a Ticonderoga No. 2 in the same way again.

No comments:

Post a Comment