Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Restaurant Review -- Confused Grill and Bar

I've been curious for several months now about the Confused Grill and Bar at 1805 East Lamar Alexander Parkway in Maryville, which is convenient to both the justice center, where I work, and our house. It occupies the building that used to house Lowell's Place, which was a popular eatery when I moved to Nashville in 2002. Before that the building housed the infamous Jailhouse Lounge, which even had bars on the windows. "Drinkin' starts at 7:00. Fight starts at 9:00." When I arrived there at 12:30 p.m. for lunch today, the place was deserted, except for the nice lady that waited on me and her child. This surprised me, because Lowell's usually had a busy lunch crowd. I ordered the American Cheeseburger, which came with fries, and I could hear it sizzling as it cooked in the kitchen. With a drink my tab was $7.10, and I gave my server a couple of dollars gratuity. After scoping out the inside of the place and the Confused Bar and Grill Facebook page, I can say the place is more bar than grill, but they serve a great burger quickly. I'm surprised that they don't have more lunch business than they do, but then maybe I visited on a slow day.

No comments:

Post a Comment