Sunday, March 27, 2011

Rainy Weekend at Home

We've been busy and travelling the past couple of weekends, and with rain in the forecast all weekend we've enjoyed some domestic tranquility here at the homestead. Sherry and Sarah did their regular volunteer work over at the animal shelter yesterday morning while I bought our groceries for the week. They also went out for a bit yesterday to visit one of the ladies they know from the shelter whose mama cat had kittens yesterday morning. I cooked us a batch of chicken and white bean chili, and we spent most of the day watching movies. My selections included Iron Man, which I had not seen, and The Blues Brothers, which I can recite by heart. We also watched Marmaduke, which Sherry and I thought was awful and which Sarah loved. It was quite sappy.

No comments:

Post a Comment