Saturday, March 12, 2011

I'm at the Creek

When the gentle reader sees this, I will be at our family cabin in Estill Springs, with my feet in Taylor Creek, weather permitting. Sherry and the kids are on their Caribbean adventure while my sisters, my friend Johnny and I enjoy some time in the woods. We have quite a few projects planned including rebuilding the front porch and stairs, painting and rescreening the screened porch and pressure washing and water sealing the deck. We also plan to have several different kinds of contractors out to the place to give us bids on some larger projects, like roofing, electrical and excavation work.

The cabin, as Grandmother always said, is crude, and the technology there is limited, though we have running water out there, which was not the case when I was a kid. Blogging will be light this week.

No comments:

Post a Comment