Monday, February 14, 2011

Water Park Visit

We arrived at Wilderness at the Smokies about 1:00 p.m. on Saturday, which is four hours before check-in. The place was packed, but they checked us into our room, which was conveniently located on the fourth floor directly above the entrance to the water park. (The last time we were there we were at the opposite end of the complex from the water park.) Sarah was delighted to find out that she is now tall enough to ride all the rides she wasn't allowed to ride last year. It was a sunny day outside, and the water park, which is covered by a what looks like a greenhouse, was warm and busy.

I picked up a Super Granddaddy Sandwich from our local Kenjo. Sherry has a rule about not eating a sandwich from anywhere that gasoline is sold, so I brought her some sandwich fixin's from the house. As I suspected, the three teenaged boys had no such compunction. We brought a crock pot and made Santa Fe Soup for supper. Fortunately, I browned the hamburger and onion at home that morning, because we learned the next mornings that the two-burner stove in the unit did not work when I tried to cook bacon and eggs for breakfast. I was very disappointed, because I had specifically asked about the stove when I booked the unit.

The water park opens at 9:00 a.m. on Sundays, and I expected the kids would want to play in the water park for an hour or two before Sherry had to drive the boys back to meet Mark in Cookeville. The boys, having cruised the condo complex on foot for several hours Saturday evening, decided they'd rather sleep in. Accordingly, I loaded Sarah and a bunch of luggage in the car, and we headed back to Maryville while Sherry and the guys slept in.

Sherry later reported that as they were loading out there was a knock at the door. She thought it was housekeeping, but instead she opened the door and found eight teenage girls looking for the boys. They were still madly texting back and forth as Sherry drove them west on I-40.

No comments:

Post a Comment