Friday, February 25, 2011

Closed Account

Today I closed the checking account that served as my general operating account when I was still in private practice. I left it open for the past couple of years to process attorney fees I earned before I entered government service, but for the past year or so the only payments that have gone into it are a from a couple of former clients who are paying their bills at $20.00 or so a month, so the account has outlived its usefulness. When I closed it, the lady at the bank commented that I opened the account in Nashville, which I did when I left the law firm I had been working with to operate a solo practice in 2003. Although I love what I do now, I must admit I feel a bit of sadness associated with giving up that one last vestige of private practice.

No comments:

Post a Comment