Saturday, April 9, 2011

Abrams Creek and a Sick Boong

We had a fun campout at Abrams Creek yesterday, and my friend Johnny and I and our collective children had the campground all to ourselves for most of the afternoon. Sarah and I brought a couple of tubes, and the children had a good time carrying them upstream and floating down to our campsite. As I expected, the water was quite cold, but the day was warm. There was also plenty of firewood strewn about the campground, so we had a good fire to warm up by. I got up early in order to get Sarah back to town for her soccer game. On the way home on Montvale Road, which is very curvy, Sarah complained about her tummy hurting, and she got sick just before we got back into town. I stopped in the road to clean her up, and before I finished a couple of sheriff's deputies were on the scene to offer assistance. I thanked them and declined, and got Sarah back home, where she's been resting comfortably. She got up a few minutes ago and wanted to play, but almost immediately went back to the sofa. Poor kid!

No comments:

Post a Comment