Sunday, August 28, 2011

Homeward Bound

I talked to Leslie yesterday morning, and she said that she and Frazier will be heading home to South Knoxville after their week at Seagrove Beach. They plan to spend the night in Birmingham, Alabama, this evening and then drive the rest of the way home tomorrow.



Mom said that on their way down they visited the house in Birmingham where we lived when I was in first and second grade. I remember piling a bunch of pillows, couch cushions and blankets on the bushes underneath my second-story bedroom window and jumping out the window onto the padded bushes. We had a line of kids running through the house to jump out the window until Mom caught on to what we were doing. I was younger than Sarah is now. How we survived to adulthood is beyond me.

No comments:

Post a Comment