Wednesday, August 31, 2011

Diana Spencer

Diana, Princess of Wales died on my birthday, August 31, in 1997 in an automobile accident. She was born into the British Spencer family. My Grandmother Ogle was born Willie J. Spencer in Lois, Moore County, Tennessee, and she always claimed to be related to the British Spencers, though she had nothing to document it. My middle name is Spencer, after Grandmother, and I passed it on to Sarah, so I could invoke it the way Mom used to with me, "Sarah Spencer Ogle!

I visited Kensington Palace with Mom in 1993, but my British cousin did not emerge from her apartment to greet her Tennessee kinfolk, if that we were. I think it is more likely that I might find out if and how I am related to Thomas Sharp "Bigfoot" Spencer of Tennessee.

No comments:

Post a Comment