Thursday, May 15, 2008

I swear, to tell the truth

Maybe it's just me. But if the two most important parts of my job were (1) sitting in a chair without falling over and (2) reading words off of a prompter, I'd make sure I executed both flawlessly on a regular basis.

Sue Simmons, the longtime anchor on WNBC-TV in New York, seems to have part 1 down OK, but apparently she figured she could phone it in on part 2. From the sound of it, reading 30-second teasers for the 11 o'clock show must be superfreakin' stressful.

(Not sure how long this link will work -- I'm guessing NBC is making people remove the clips -- so click through early and often.)

Personally, I don't think this is a very big deal, but it is kinda funny. Actually, it'd be cool if local stations got their on-air talent to do this more often, but at random times. It'd be like watching auto racing for the wrecks.

No comments:

Post a Comment