Wednesday, May 13, 2009

Free-dumb

I don't think I'm breaking SFTC Blog Rule No. 1, which dictates that I will not write about the office - or maybe I am, but it's a slow week, I need material, and also, who follows those dumb rules anyway? - to share with you one of my personal workplace pet peeves:

I have to meet with a colleague about some super-exciting project, so I email to ask her what time she's free. Colleague writes that any time between 11:30 and 12:30 would be good. "OK," I respond. "Call me at 11:30." Colleague writes back: "OK. I'm going to be running back to the office from a 10:30 meeting so I might be a few minutes late."

Right. If you're going to be a few minutes late, then 11:30 actually isn't a good time for the meeting, smarty.

Pick another time - one when you are actually available. Because it's not my job to sit and wait while you walk back to your office. But thanks for playing.

Aaargh.

No comments:

Post a Comment