Thursday, April 24, 2008

McCain and the Waves

When he was deciding which issues he'd be for and against, it must have been a really difficult call for John McCain to come out ... wait for it ... against the government's response to the Hurricane Katrina disaster.

Well, I'll be.

Such a topical issue for the 2008 campaign. I was waiting to make up my mind until I heard about this one. It's so interesting, so enlightening, to hear his thoughts on a three-year-old event that every single person on the planet agrees was a government failure of catastrophic proportion. And promising that "never again will a disaster of this nature be handled in the terrible and disgraceful way that it was handled" -- that's pure genius.

(When I hear a 98-year-old presidential candidate say crap like that, it reminds me of one of the better lines from Top Gun: "Your ego is writing checks your body can't cash.")

Wait, do you think this means that Obama and Clinton, since they're in the opposite party, supported the way it was handled? Crap. I was going to vote for one of them. But now, McCain just seems to have nailed this issue.

No comments:

Post a Comment