Saturday, January 29, 2011

Convalescent Ward

I was in Sarah's classroom earlier in the week, and six students were absent. Most of the kids that were there, including Sarah, were coughing and otherwise battling respiratory infections. Sarah had a temperature of 102.2 degrees Thursday morning, and her physician diagnosed her with both strep and flu. (We all had flu shots this season, but there's a strain of it going around that the vaccine wasn't aimed at.) She is not to return to class until next Tuesday. Sarah's not her usual exuberant self, but she was free of fever yesterday even without ibuprofen, so she's doing okay.

I think I have a touch of something, though I haven't had a fever. My doctor prescribed Tamiflu for me, so I'm hoping to nip it in the bud. Unfortunately, I usually catch whatever Sarah gets, and I spent two hours in her classroom with all the other sick little kids on Tuesday.

No comments:

Post a Comment