Thursday, August 7, 2008

Damn, I'm old

Just got off the phone with the friendly woman at my insurance company. She thanked me for "having been a loyal customer for the past 18 years."

Which was nice of her, but: Good christ, I'm getting up there.

Now I feel bad - well, sort of - for teasing my mom a few years ago because, as I pointed out, she had a son who had fillings that were 25 years old.

Unrelated: If the email-RSVP-that-nobody-ever-responded-to worked properly, I'll be catching a screening of Elegy tonight. If I have anything to say about it, you'll get your mini-review tomorrow.

In the meantime, I did watch The Hammer last night and I highly recommend it. (Just put it on your Netflix list - here's the link, lazy.)

I was predisposed to like it because I'm an Adam Carolla fan, but it was even better than I expected. It's nominally about a aging boxer with a chance to make the U.S. Olympic team, but I'm pretty certain that you don't have to care a whit about boxing to enjoy the hell out of it. The story of his budding relationship with a new girlfriend was sweet, and the story was simple but interesting. I laughed out loud at least eight times, which is pretty good for an old guy.

No comments:

Post a Comment