Saturday, July 23, 2011

Elliston Place Soda Shop Survives

Image




Ever since I moved to Nashville in 2002 I've wanted to eat at the Elliston Place Soda Shop, which has been in existence for seven decades, but I never have. Sherry said she's eaten there as a child, but hasn't in recent memory. This week the Tennessean reported that the restaurant would close its doors today because of a rent increase. This inflamed Nashvillians, who flocked to the business for one last meal. This apparently caused both landlord and tenant to reconsider their positions, and both made concessions that resulted in a five-year lease, with options for two additional five-years terms. The lawyer in me is pleased when an impasse like this can be negotiated to resolution, and the foodie in me will be sure to have a hamburger at Elliston Place the next time I visit Nashville.

No comments:

Post a Comment